Friday 4 October 2013

Cushions - small but lovely



Right it is time to add some photos to this wordy blog,
These are some cushions that I have made using fibre from sarastexturecrafts

Merino Blend Felted
Above: It was a lovely blend that I wet felted into a piece, I had intended to cut it up to be made into decorations but it was just to lovely. 

Below: Using the same merino blend, I hand spun this on my Ashford traveller, my mum very kindly knitted it up for me - resulting in a perfect pair. 

Merino Blend Hand Spun Wool
They are a bit small for 'regular' cushions but are perfect to accent your room.

I was intending to sell them but they have become a useful teaching tool in my workshops, showing the versatility of fibre.

I am now also trying to solely use British Wool so I might have to make up some more

...any excuse!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, they are super cute Hayley. I think they will make a very nice accent to a room and the smaller size will be just the right amount of colour flash.
    If you'd like me to blog link over on Crafts of Texture, let me know via email (with a link back to this) and I will do that for you.

    ReplyDelete